Interior/Console Pictures

doc-holiday

Cadet
Hey Guys,

Im getting to the point of my resto that I need to start thinking of a layout for my console and dash area. How do some of you have your dashes setup? Im just looking for some ideas so I can have a game plan before I go hacking away. Thanks guys,

Doc

redfury

Commander
Re: Interior/Console Pictures

Wouldn't be a bad idea....a dash thread. Post up the pics of your Dashboards folks! I'd start it out, but I currently have a gaping hole where mine is supposed to be :eek:

doc-holiday

Cadet

Mine is still just the same gauge cluster, with some misc. stuff on the opposite side of the drivers area. Kind of a pain. I agree this should be a good thread, get some good ideas that work! :)

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Yup..post some pics of your dash :)

Ill bet Woodonglass will have an Idea.. with a drawing :) ( he is actually quite good at putting things together on the drawing board ).

YD.

DianneB

Petty Officer 1st Class

Strangely enough I am just finish up a new helm for my 1966 24' Lone Star cruiser :D

Lonestar20101010002T.jpg

Top centre is an Eagle chartplotter.
Top left: port and starboard fuel gauges & tank selector under
Centre above the wheel: Oil pressure, water temp, and voltmeter (with ACR indicator above voltmeter)
Top, right of wheel: tachometer
Left of the wheel: electrical switches, trim switch, ignition switch
Right of the wheel" VHF radio
In the cabinet under the wheel (doors removed): battery switch, solar charger control, ACR, fuse panels (house & engine circuits) and terminal blocks for all on-board wiring.

It has been months in the planning stage and about 4 days to build. Another couple of days should see it finished.

fshngho

Lieutenant

Wow Dianne, now thats a console! :eek: I thought I was looking at the space shuttle. I really like that, great work.:D

SC's Forever!

Seaman Apprentice

My Lord!!!! A '66 24' Lone Star!!!! Brings back some terrific memories!!!!
A neighbor had one of these back when.....Had a pair of 25 HP Evinrudes on the transom, fished 10/15 miles off the coast of Grand Isle, La. in the Gulf of Mexico for years!!!!! Even more amazing was watcing him head out for a trip.....He pulled this rig with a..........Volkswagen Beetle!!!!!! So help me XXXX!!!!! Was an incredible sight on the road....like a huge, silver monster trying to catch and devour a "Bug" for supper!!!! Mr. Frank is long gone now, and thankfully he finally up-graded to a 27' Luhrs and spent many years after fishing!!!.
Jim in Hammond, La.

doc-holiday

Cadet

Well here are some pictures of my interior. I dont like the top of the dash being so cluttered, so i'll probably be looking to stuff the electronics else where. Any suggestions? :) I think I have enough time before next spring to nail down a good layout.

Attachments

• Int 1.jpg
    Int 1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Int 2.jpg
    Int 2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 0

DianneB

Petty Officer 1st Class

Was an incredible sight on the road....like a huge, silver monster trying to catch and devour a "Bug" for supper!!!!

ROFL! The view from his back window would have looked like this!

Evil.jpg

It sure looks MEAN from that angle :eek:

I can't imagine pulling a 4,000 pound boat with a Beetle but they were an amazing car.

fshngho

Lieutenant

Ok Dianne, I give. Where are the pics of your boat?????? You only have given us a glimpse of it so far, not very nice of you. We wanna see more.:D