Starcraft Sprint-V / What year?

dodgepwr

Cadet
Hey There,

Well let me tell you my story. I started this season off by buying a 1986 Bayliner Fish and Ski 14.5 Footer ( similar to a Capri). I liked it but it just wasn't the boat I wanted for pulling tubes and fishing. so I started reading restoration builds and came to the conclusion that most like Starcraft aluminum Speedboats. so that put me on the hunt for just that and I just scored a very nice Sprint-V for 1100.00, Ready to go. so this leads me to my questions and there will be quite a few over the weeks. I want to know as much as I can about this boat. So lets start with my first Q's I would like to know the year serial Number is 69 24631 I was thinking maybe a 69 year? and also any pics of your Sprint-V or Any Starcraft would be great for colors schemes and add ons. Thank you in advance for your Help. Also here are some Pics of the new girl.

P.S sorry if it long winded its my first post

Attachments

• DSCF7217.jpg
    DSCF7217.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF7225.jpg
    DSCF7225.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF7214.jpg
    DSCF7214.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF7220.jpg
    DSCF7220.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF7206.jpg
    DSCF7206.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 7

North Beach

Commander
Re: Starcraft Sprint-V / What year?

Give us a pic of the stern, a better pic of the interior and we may be able to help.

dodgepwr

Cadet

Yeah its a Chevy, Cant afford one of them mopars yet:):). Anyway heres another pic for you North beach. I tell you what i love this boat it fast and it fishs good, i am going to make a couple changes over the winter to make it a little friendlier.

Attachments

• DSCF7207.jpg
    DSCF7207.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF7208.jpg
    DSCF7208.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF7227.jpg
    DSCF7227.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 6

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Neat little boat! Welcome to the Starmada.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Welcome to the tin can club:)

Nice rig, where in Michigan are you? I'm just north of Lansing and we've got a few other Michiganders here in the Starcraft forums.

Plenty of good ideas and techniques here, so whatever mods you have in mind there's plenty of help(and some of us that are good at showing what not to do:p).

Where are the pics of the fish?;)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Super sharp Starcraft you have there, and, another MI fellow!

Welcome!:D

dodgepwr

Cadet

Hey there Huron and jasoutside. I am located 5 miles east of Kalamazoo. so down south from you guys. thanks for the compliments on the Starcraft. I Really like this boat. oh and here's a fish pic. I was alone and had to prove I caught something, no matter how small :):)

Attachments

• DSCF7212.jpg
    DSCF7212.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 2

TheWrks

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome dodgepwr that's one sweet "tin can" :D:D

fshngho

Lieutenant

Sorry DP, can't accept that fish pic. How do we know you touched it? It may have given a heck of a fight, slashed its head, and broke the line!!! Heck, we don't even know what that monster weighed. :eek:

dodgepwr

Cadet

alright ill work on some better pics :). hey wanted to let the Starcrafters know that i read a post that was posted a while back and the guy said he called 1-800-535-5722 and a guy named Steve helped him with the year and some other info on his boat. well that number is still good and i am not sure about Steve, but Merle said he was 98% sure he could help me. so i left a number and he said let him check and hed call me back in a day or two. so thats Pretty cool.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Hey there Huron and jasoutside. I am located 5 miles east of Kalamazoo. so down south from you guys. thanks for the compliments on the Starcraft. I Really like this boat. oh and here's a fish pic. I was alone and had to prove I caught something, no matter how small :):)

Man I'm jealous, the Kalamazoo area has some great boating opportunities.

My sister lives in Portage and I'm looking forward to checking out Gun Lake, Gull Lake and some of the smaller ones too. Good musky fishing in some of those:D

dodgepwr

Cadet

Huron, i have been to gull lake. not fishing yet but to have some fun with the family and that is a very nice lake. Gun lake will be on the agenda for next year. i hear thats not to bad. and your right about the lakes there are some nice ones around here. closest one to me is Long lake in Portage, about 2.5 miles away ;)

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Man I'm jealous, the Kalamazoo area has some great boating opportunities.

My sister lives in Portage and I'm looking forward to checking out Gun Lake, Gull Lake and some of the smaller ones too. Good musky fishing in some of those:D

Hey HA, just a word of caution, I was on Gun Lake this summer for the first time ever with my '74 Super Porpoise sailboat. Gun Lake is large, and shallow in some areas (rocks). Anyway, somehow, as I was sailing along, my daggerboard started bumping against rocks. I only draw maybe 2 1/2 feet and there were power boats running on plane not far from where I was. One side of the lake is deep while the other side you can just about walk across. Pretty lake though, just ask where not to go.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Thats what depth sounders are for with low water alarms

dpty22

Cadet

I to have picked up a pretty sweet sprint V. looking for info on the boat. my S.N. is 6959846. the snow here 20 miles west of K-zoo is starting to melt so i am getting things around for the "project" to begin. I will get pics up as soon as all the snow is off the boat and you can actually see it. havent seen many sprints on the forums so any info would be great.