Onan generator recall

elpaso

Petty Officer 1st Class
Have old 1979 2.5 K Onan.<br />I have been told ther is a recall<br />on exhaust system. I have tried,<br />but can find no details.<br />Kohler has such a recall, and refers<br />to Onan problem, but no details.<br />Any help needed.

scamper

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Onan generator recall

Had a 7.5 Koehler. The exhaust manifold was cast and with no water cooling. It came out of the block and made a loop. On top of the loop was a nipple that connected to the water supply, then a rubber hose to the muffler. The hot part of the manifold was wrapped with as asbestos type material. The manifold would rust and break between the block and water supply nipple. You would have just a small crack at first. Something you may not notice but carbon monoxide was still leaking out. As the crack got bigger you would hear the exhaust noise and finally failure of the manifold altogether. Don’t know is that is what’s happening to your Onan.

navigator336

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Onan generator recall

I haven't heard about an Onan recall, only the Kohler. Call Boat U.S. and ask them. They really stay up on the marine recalls.