prop question donzi 29zf

dawnz

Recruit
I have a donzi 29zf with twin 225 optis. It came with 22pitch bravo one props. With a light load trimmed to the max it barely turns 5500 and it is kind of slow out of the hole. I think it should turn up around 5700 for the best performance. where I live I dont have the ability to try props and I certainly dont want to buy the wrong one. Any opinions, suggestions

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: prop question donzi 29zf

Welcome,
We need more comeplete info.If you read the stickies at the top of the page and the helps on the prop store page.It will help you better understand prop selection.
We'll be glad to help with any confusion.
While The Donzi name is recognized world wide to most of us I think 29ZF doesn't mean much. Year and description of the boat and dry weight,year of the motors.
Present wot max rpm and speed by gps is best.

dawnz

Recruit

I understand enough to know I need to seek help elsewhere. Thanks

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

That funny your the first in 5 years I've been on here.
You must be special.

dawnz

Recruit

First time for everything I guess. Im not confused, I gave the prop i am running and the WOT. I thought someone might have a recommendation as to a particular prop for that hull that might give a little bit better performance thats all. Sorry if I offended anyone.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

You think your the first to give that info?wot rpm means nothing without speed.
Without year of the motors no way to be sure of the rpm rating.
Let me pose this: "I have a Crestliner Voyager with a 50 Evinrude
presently has a factory 19" prop turns 5,400 kind of slow on hole shot.
I think it should turn around 6,000 for best performance.
Any opinions or suggestions? Where I am I can't try props and I sure don't want to get the wrong one."
Do you think someone could come up with an accurate suggestion based on that info?
A very simple answer to your Q is 21" pitch same brand same style prop will increase your rpm "ABOUT" 200.Will it likely give best performance not likely
in my opinion.
There are lots of guys here with a lot more knowledge than I have but unless they have experience with your Donzi and 225 Mercs of the correct year they aren't likely to be able to suggest a prop for"best performance". Its also possible that a prop isn't your solution.

dawnz

Recruit

simple indeed. Its also possible I have the best prop (and pitch) for this application.