Need help to winterize 120 Force outboard

shane01101

Cadet
Ok so I have been doing some reading and watching some youtube videos and from what I have gathered to winterize my boat is this.

1) Use fuel stabilizer and run engine for 5-10 minutes. But am not sure to how much fuel I should leave inside. Close to none or half or max?

2)Take off engine cover, connect running water to boat, and then start the engine and slightly give it some power. Then to spray fog oil into carberater until engine dies.

3)After that unscrew each spark plug and spray some fog oil inside fittings and turn the flywheel each time and repeat process for all 4 spark plugs.

4) Put tilt all the way up and Drain and replace gearcase lubricant.

5) Remove battery and drain plug.

steps 1-5 are the confirmed steps I will take if I can verify they are correct. The questions below this are things I am not sure of yet so I need some help. Any other input of something I have not mentioned would help I am going to do exactly what I said, i didn't leave out any details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was thinking about skipping these bottom 4 if not important.....
A) Spraying engine cleaner into carberater on engine before fogging? Do I apply same way as fog oil? if needed
B) Do I need to wax the engine as a final step?
C) Is marine grease important to apply to moving parts?
D) Spray the entire powerhead and electrical wiring with silicone lubricant

My main source is here http://www.boatmotors.com/winterization/ but i Dont understand the 4 things I listed A-D in my post. please correct me if i AM wrong.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need help to winterize 120 Force outboard

A: Is a carbon removal step.It should be done once a year.I'd do that step.
C: The steering cable or shift cables.The grease fittings etc.Do this step.You should have a grease gun and a can of spray white lithium already.Prop shaft too.
D: Stops corrosion on any exposed metal or electrical connections.This one too.

B: Not necessary.The sun is a paint killer so keep it covered.
#1 If you can get it,Ethanol free gas and keep the tank as full as you can. Otherwise use Ethanol stabilizer. J