Krups coffee pot

JWK55

Recruit
I'm hoping you-all can give me some ideas.
I have an electric iron, Krups model 633, with removable water tank, which was handy at the time of purchase. Although I removed the tank for storage, I found that the soleplate became pitted, possibly from salts in any remaining water, or just plain humidity. I have tried: metal polish, Maquires aluminum cleaner, then Noxin (with 0000). No scratches, looks 'better', but still has traces of the pitting, which is not 'dots', but a crinkled look. I want to remove all traces of this. Also, there is a single screw that I could attempt to remove the plate, if necessary to dip it or use something stronger on just that part. Do I need to 'remove' a layer of metal in order to even this all out? I'm probably making this more complicated than need be, but consider the source...:rolleyes:. This iron does not appear on the Krups site. (old, but was a very good one) Material seems to be aluminum, not ss.
Many thanks

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Re: Krups coffee pot

The pitting may be from the coffee... if you are brewing it too strong....;)

Do you use distilled water in the iron? Most mfgrs recommend it.

They are a large company with a reputation for good customer service; have you called them and asked for advice?

witenite0560

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Krups coffee pot

Are you using coffee in your steam iron or ironing clothes with your coffee pot? Either way, results will likely be less than satisfactory. Sorry, couldn't help myself.