Chris Craft Catalina Electrical Problem

OSCAR WAKEFIELD

Recruit
My 1990 42 Catalina loses all 12 volt power. The batteries are good, so are the battery switches, fuses and grounds are all tight. I can't operate anything from the DC panel, then all of a sudden everything works. any suggestions?? Thanks

campilindo

Recruit
Re: Chris Craft Catalina Electrical Problem

Same symptoms as mine, a 2007 Corsair with permanent shutdown of the 12-volt system due to a low auxiliary battery that is now fully charged. I will be happy to let you know how our problem is solved if and when we can resolve it prior to the end of the 2011 boating season.

saechao

Recruit
Re: Chris Craft Catalina Electrical Problem

Same symptoms as mine, a 2007 Corsair with permanent shutdown of the 12-volt system due to a low auxiliary battery that is now fully charged. I will be happy to let you know how our problem is solved if and when we can resolve it prior to the end of the 2011 boating season.

I have the same problem over the weekend with my 94 Corsair. No 12-V power to the Ignition switch or dash panel. Battery is fully charge, as their was power to the trim. I even swap out the battery. All fuses from the dash panel and the ignition switch were good. So if you can tell me where the problem might be it would be greatly appreciated.