Battery engine wiring help please

swimdad

Cadet
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2002/3 F225 Yamaha or could at least tell me what the different colored fused leads are for and where they go? I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out what I should wire directly to the batteries and what to wire to the Perko switch (1,2,all,off) I have 2 separate not wired parallel but the negatives are jumped. I have the main engine lead on the common lead on the Perko so I can start it with either battery. The question is where to wire the leads with the inline fuses that come from the engine? I want to make sure that both batteries are charging while the engines are running. It would be really helpful to actually see a picture or diagram of what is coming off the engine, where it goes to including the starter switch, battery and battery switch.

Thanks for any help offered

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Battery engine wiring help please

only 2 wires that can go between the engine and the positive battery post.
neither are fused from the factory and from the factory only one exits the engine cowl.
one is the main battery lead and the other is the optional battery isolator lead.
ALL the other wires you see with fuses by the battery are hull wireing and nothing yamaha prints will help you on that.

swimdad

Cadet

Thanks for the response. So does the alternator charge directly through the main lead? Does it also charge through the optional isolator lead? If not what is the function of the optional battery isolator lead? thanks again for your assistance

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

charging goes from the regulator back to the main battery cable.
the isolator, if used can charge a second battery independant of the engine starting battery but its up to the rigger to use it or not,