Identifying quck start and disabling it?

ChrisMA

Seaman
I don't think my 1995 70 hp Johnson has quickstart, is that correct? Is there a matrix anywhere that states what years/models have it? Based on a search, if you have an orange wire coming from the stator you have quick start, is that correct? Also, grounding the temp sensor will disable quick start?

I think we should add this to the super secret file.

Chris

Haffiman

Commander
Re: Identifying quck start and disabling it?

Two ways of 'identifying:
You have 2 red/yellow on one of the small studs on the starter relay, one goes to the power pack.(For activation)
You have 2 wires coming out of the temp sensor on the head, one is black/white going to the power-pack.(For de-activation/shut-off).
If you want to disable BEFORE start:
Remove the yellow/red from solenoid and ground the power-pack side of the black/white.
If you want to disable when engine is running:
Ground the powerpack side of the white/black.

ChrisMA

Seaman

My 1995 70 hp motor does have the red/yellow wire that goes to the starter solenoid so this means I have quickstart. I want to use the Joe Reeves to set my full advance timing I need to remove the red/yellow wire from the solenoid and ground the white/black wire that runs to the powerpack?

Chris

Haffiman

Commander

My 1995 70 hp motor does have the red/yellow wire that goes to the starter solenoid so this means I have quickstart. I want to use the Joe Reeves to set my full advance timing I need to remove the red/yellow wire from the solenoid and ground the white/black wire that runs to the powerpack?

Chris

Yes.