72 bell boy

Bellboi

Recruit
i just picked up a 72 bell boy, its 21ft and 3 inches(as the title says). Its powered by a 175 johnson. The boat was orinigally an inboard but the previous owner reinforced the back of the boat before adding the bracket to mount the johnson outboard. The bracket is about 3ft long, with the tilt up the motor just clears the back of the boat. The floors were glassed over but it seems like there is some peeling, also it looks like they had used some kind of paint on the the floor since its white. Is there any way I could remove the paint and apply a coating made for the floor of the boat? Also what would I used for the floor? Also i can't find the coast gurad plate that says how much hp the baot is rated for. By any chance does any one know what the hp rating is? The boat cruises at 25mph(according to the gps) @3000rpms. Any input of info would be greatly apprecieated!!:)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 72 bell boy

Since it was originally an I/O, it probably didn't have a HP rating from the factory. Being a 21' you probably are right around the max with that 175. We'd love to see some pics.