tire rims

jokaj

Seaman
my buddy mentions that you shouldn't mix steel rim wheels with chrome/alloy rim wheels. I have a tandem with 4 steel rim wheels and my spares are chrome. I plan on rotating my chromes with two of the steels. So is it not wise to trailer with two steel and two chrome wheels installed on the trailer at the same time? What about two bias ply with two radial? thanks for any comments...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: tire rims

Never heard any such thing about the rims, Jokaj, but I don't think I would mix bias ply and radial tires.

jokaj

Seaman

yeah, that's what I figured about the bias and radials. thanks

bitterboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think your buggy's yanking your chain for a laugh. But, I have to agree with bias ply v. radials not being mixed.

reelfishin

Captain

The only concern I'd have is if the two different rims were different in measurement in some way, such as a different offset or width.

reelfishin

Captain

Chrome plated are steel rims :)

Any type of metal can be chrome plated when it comes to rims.
Although not as common, they can and do chrome plate aluminum as well as steel, they can even chrome plate plastics for that matter.

If the trailer were mine, I'd just find four good matching rims and tires and be done with it. If its just a matter of getting it home, any combination will do so long as they fit.