Power antenna lube

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Following along from L'T'NICK's thread re: window lubes, I just saved a pile of money by going to a "u-pick" salvage yard for a replacement power antenna assembly.

But ....the last antenna section is sticking.

Any suggestions on the best lube to try and free it up, and then what have you found to be the best regular lube for this application?

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Power antenna lube

I like Boeshield T-9 for that kind of thing.... Leaves a nice water"proof" residue behind.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

I like Boeshield T-9 for that kind of thing.... Leaves a nice water"proof" residue behind.

Every Boe$hield product I have u$ed has given good re$ult$...great product$ (like 3M).... only one i$$ue with them....;)

May be worth a try though....thanks. :)

sasto

Captain

best thing for me.......use it frequently....on everything, almost. Show me something better.. I'll use it!

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

Following along from L'T'NICK's thread re: window lubes, I just saved a pile of money by going to a "u-pick" salvage yard for a replacement power antenna assembly.

But ....the last antenna section is sticking.

Any suggestions on the best lube to try and free it up, and then what have you found to be the best regular lube for this application?

Same thing I recommended in the other thread... 3-in-one dry lube. Its excellent for pretty much anything that needs to be dry lubed.