Any metalheads here?

skargo

Banned
Can't wait till Next Wednesday. I'm going to see the Jaegermeister music tour.
It is basically 1991's "Clash of the Titans" revisited.

Anthrax with Joey Belladonna back out front.
Megadeth performing 1990's "Rust in Peace" along with some other classics and a few new tunes.
Last, but not least Slayer performing 1990's "Seasons in the Abyss" with some other classic and some new cuts too.

It's going to be awesome! I have front row seats. The floor is General Admission, and I am too old for the pit anymore, but our seats are front row on the side, which will be amazing as the stage sticks out into the floor for this event!

10thHawk

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Any metalheads here?

Thats a good lineup right there.

jtmarten

Master Chief Petty Officer

Love Megadeth.
I saw Anthrax open for KISS on one of their first 'last tour' tours. LOL I think it was one of the first back in full makeup. Never cared much for Anthrax (except Time, which was a cover).
Never cared for Slayer either.
I'm into Fates Warning, Dream Theater, James LaBrie, Queensryche, Crimson Glory, 12 Stones. But also love Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Sade, Incognito, Euge Groove, etc.

Sounds like it'll be a great show! Especially front row.
Back when my band was still playing, my singer, one guitarist and I saw Dream Theater on one of the first nights of the Images and Words tour (LaBrie's first tour) in a small club, and we were about 20ft away. Saw Fates Warning on their No Exit tour, same thing, small club a few feet away. Both were absolutely amazing.

skargo

Banned

Love small club shows. My wife and I saw Megadeth at a small club, invite only, 200 people, I will never forget that!

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Too old for "that metal" but grew up in the pre-metal days, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult. The "real" metal?? LOL:p
Does AC/DC count?

.But also love Big Bad Voodoo Daddy,
Going to see them next month in a 1200 seat auditorium at our local college.:)

WIMUSKY

Staff member

The Cars, Cheap Trick, Styx, .38 Special, Boston, Van Halen, Metallica........;)

mudslinging79

Petty Officer 1st Class

you suck. no one good is coming to portland, think they forgot bout us

stic88

Petty Officer 1st Class

good line up..... dont get caught in the mosh.

skargo

Banned

Oh I love LZ and the older bands too, without a doubt newer music wouldn't be here without them.

I can't believe Anthrax is celebrating their 29th year together already, seems like it was just yesterday that I remember listening to them when they were a new band!:eek:

pduquette

Ensign

A+ Deck Swabber - On 8-Track ,in Quadraphonic, Volume on 10 !!

fishrdan

Admiral

Megadeth performing 1990's "Rust in Peace" along with some other classics and a few new tunes.

Lucky dog!!!

I got the new Megadeth CD, Endgame, for fathers day. Son told my wife, that's what dad would like :D It's not like the good ol' Megadeth...

skargo

Banned

Lucky dog!!!

I got the new Megadeth CD, Endgame, for fathers day. Son told my wife, that's what dad would like :D It's not like the good ol' Megadeth...

I think that their new stuff is great too, Mustaine shreds on guitar!
What a great son! And wife!

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

A+ Deck Swabber - On 8-Track ,in Quadraphonic, Volume on 10 !!
LOL.:p
Remember when after you'd played an 8-track tape a gazillion times you had to stick a match book underneath it so it would play right?

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral

I thought Megadeth did a good job on the Heaven and Hell tour. Glad I saw that show as it was the only time I got to see Dio
I was always a bigger fan of Dio than Ozzy when it comes to Black Sabbath's catalog.

I always liked heavy melodic metal. Riot is probably my fave hard rock/metal band of all time, especially the Guy Speranza era stuff. Fire Down Under one of my top 5 album picks of all music.

Liked most of the NWOBHM stuff- Tygers of PanTang, Saxon, JP, Maiden etc

jtmarten

Master Chief Petty Officer

I thought Megadeth did a good job on the Heaven and Hell tour. Glad I saw that show as I was always a bigger fan of Dio than Ozzy when it comes to Black Sabbath.

I was always a bigger fan of melodic metal. Riot is probably my fave hard rock/metal band of all time, especially the Guy Speranza era stuff.

+1 on Dio!
I love the old Riot stuff, up through Thundersteel. I think Fire Down Under was their best release. We recorded in the Jag Panzer studio here in the Springs back in the 90's (The Tyrant fronted Riot for a short time).
Wasn't Guy only on the first release?

rbh

Fleet Admiral

OH YEA, the 80's/90's tunes are back in again for the 24TH time, don't get me wrong that is all I listen to, BUT!!!

Have you heard the new Iron Maiden disk???
Bruce and the boys are still driven errrr good :)

metalwizard

Chief Petty Officer

I'm a hardcore Megadeth fan. I have seen them dozens of times. BUT they are way better in a small venue.

That tour is hitting Vegas. thats two hours thinking bout going..