carb problem

thmlrmg

Seaman
could someone please give me some pretty detailed instructions on how to clean my carbs out. i have never worked on carbs before and mine are pretty gummed up. any help would be appreciated

petryshyn

Commander
Re: carb problem

>acquire manual that has carb overhaul illustrated for your exact carb<br />>do one at a time in case you have trouble remembering where components go<br />>don't subject the float or plastic/rubber components to any carb cleaner<br />>count the number of turns it takes to bottom the high speed or idle adjustment screws if any. This will help you to reinstall close to proper position. <br />>do not force any metalic wires/objects through any jets or orifices. Clear passages with compressed air and carb cleaner.<br />>if you have a camera, take pictures of the linkages and hose routing before disassembly.<br />>careful not to dent or bruise float.<br />>everything should go together without force<br />>before reinstalling carb, tip carb from right side up to upside down. You should hear/feel float movement internally.<br />>be sure to check and adjust all internal and external adjustments if necessary......<br />>use a new base gasket<br />>use no sealant unless specified by the OEM<br /><br />good luck :)

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

Last month's issue of Bass and Walleye Boats had a good article with pictures about carb cleaning.

thmlrmg

Seaman

schematic, thanks for the info but where is the idle adjustment you were talking about(counting the number of turns.) is it the screw at the top or under the gasket? thanks for the info

petryshyn

Commander

don't know what carb you have. Some don't have a adjusting screw....

thmlrmg

Seaman

schematic, 319230 is the carb i have. it is off of a 75 evinrude 70hp motor. thanks.

petryshyn

Commander

don't have to worry about that one......no adjusting screws to contend with... :)

smalloutboardsarecool

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If you want some fun try making your own float... Also try replacing your spark plugs in 3 foot chop!! Loads of Fun!!! You will be prepared for every thing!<br /><br />-BILl<br /><br />don't Come nockin if tis boat a Rocken' and I have a Hot pocket with that!

thmlrmg

Seaman

i appreciate all the advice i have received on here. you guys are great. a valuable asset to a new boater. thank you very much guys