Spark

Boatom

Cadet
As it turns out from my intermitten spark a few days ago my switch box was bad...new box - new spark. The manufacture of the box said to be sure the rectifier is not bad so I disconnected the Red wire before I turned the engine over to see if I had spark. I want to do a bench test to see if the rect is OK. my rect has three terminals in a triangle configuration with the red wire on top...twoGray wires left and aYellow right. Is it possible to check this without starting the engine? (I did a search but did not find info)

Thanks...Tom

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Spark

If you disconnected the red wire and turned the motor over, it is possible that you ruined the rectifier. Disconnect the grey and yellow wires from the rectifier and tape them up seperately to prevent shorting. Now do your spark test. If you have spark, reconnect all the wires to the rectifier and retest spark. If spark is good, rectifier might be OK. See if battery voltage rises with RPM. If so, rectifier is OK.

verado7

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Spark

if i understand you right - you bought a new box and still no spark ?
if sso disconnect the yellow/black wire from the pack and retry - post back with your finding and i will help you