1993 Regal Ventura 196 I/O

l330n

Cadet
My dad and I recently bought this boat for 2k. We thought it was good deal, but we really dont have much knowledge of boats. (except for the fact that we both wanted one) Still excited though. I called a friend of mine that has similar Bayliner I/O but newer said it didnt look bad. In fact he liked it better than his slightly newer one. Sorry that all i have right now is this picture from my phone. I see everyone loves pics here. Anyways, its a 1993 Regal Ventura 196 I/O with a Mercury 4.3L v6 and Alpha One Stern-drive. The exterior seems to look in great condition but pretty flat lookin paint on the upper hull. Now the interior which i will post soon looks ehhh. Upholstery dirty and very slight tearing here and there. The lounge back to back chair i took out because the base was rotted and chairs looked bad. Captains chair deosnt look too bad but i may as well buy matching seats. Carpet def needs replacing and here is where im worried, there is approx 2'x2' soft spot ( maybe a lil smaller) right in front of the engine. You can stand on it no problem, but i wont be jumping near there for sure. Ive taken it out twice, its lots o fun! Seems to drive well, but like i said not much knowledge here. Let me know what u think so far, ill post more pics soon. Im at work right now, ive been on this site for last 2 weeks. :)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 0

l330n

Cadet
Re: 1993 Regal Ventura 196 I/O

photo.jpg

sea wolf

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nice lookin' boat. Good luck with it. However, that soft spot need to be looked at further. Usually, a small soft area turns into a major repair once u start poking around under the deck. There's a good possibility that you'll be redoing your stringers. That's just the way it is. If u have a seat base that is rotted, then the previous owner left the boat out in the elements, which leads to deck/stringer rot. Sorry.

l330n

Cadet

We are going to pull the carpet and check out the soft spot soon. Ill post the pics up of it when i see whats going on. I dont think the boat was taken care of very well but hopefully i can ride it for a good while before having to do major work to it. Its our first boat, we will get good experience from it.

l330n

Cadet

Thanks for the link, ive been looking on the site for a while and havent come across that one, looks similar to my layout, awesome. I started to think maybe we got screwed but between the engine and the hull and trailer I dont think its too bad. Thanks for the uplift.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I started to think maybe we got screwed but between the engine and the hull and trailer I dont think its too bad. Thanks for the uplift.

A 19' with a V6 that looks that good for $2k? Shoot, you did just fine. Well worth a little resto work.

dvandsm64

Petty Officer 2nd Class

nice shape for a 93 and that v-6 makes great hp.

l330n

Cadet

Well im glad to hear that, i just wish i had a large garage to really work on it.
This is where the soft spot is and a pic of the motor
IMG_5361.jpg

IMG_5360.jpg