So close but yet so far

hostage

Lieutenant
My parents have been looking at getting a boat for a while now. They live on a lake have a 2 boat garage and a dock, and 3 kayaks. My mom was dead set on pontoons for the floating living room, till she found out they really can't do water sports that well and chances are they will be towing my nephews around more than lounging in the boat. I took them for a spin in my Maxum for the first time when they came up to visit me last weekend, she was immediately sold on the idea of getting a used runabout, to the delight of my father. So I started looking for Maxums in their area similar to mine and I used a craiglook to search multiple areas on craigslist. I found the perfect boat for them. I emailed the link to my dad and he emailed the seller. I was talking to them about the boat on the phone, when I realized that the boat was located nearly 700 miles away. Entering Tyler, Texas in the location changes the location to Tyler, Alabama. At least iboats has a listing for one, emailed the seller and awaiting to hear what they have to say.

-Hostage

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: So close but yet so far

i have been to North Carolina, Miami, Tampa to buy boats. if it is the right one, and little trip can be worth it.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

While there's certainly nothing wrong with a Maxum.....I certainly wouldn't limit my search to just that brand.

hostage

Lieutenant

While there's certainly nothing wrong with a Maxum.....I certainly wouldn't limit my search to just that brand.

True I agree, though it does seem cool when someone gets something like yours, since they liked it. The Maxum is the only reason my mom is considering run abouts.