Paint scheme for 88 2155 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge

jmduncan01

Cadet
Hey Guys and Gals:

Looking to repaint my 88 2155. Wanted to get your opinions on scheme design. Put a blank white one if someone wants to play with it. Original there as well for reference. Looking to update the look and keep it clean looking. So opinions welcome. The entire boat is going to get paint, so its a canvas.

Best Regards,
John M
Kentucky

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ver0.jpg
    ver0.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ver1.jpg
    ver1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 0
  • ver2.jpg
    ver2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ver3.jpg
    ver3.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 0

jmduncan01

Cadet
Re: Paint scheme for 88 2155 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge

Got 9 of these...

Best Regards,
John M
Kentucky

Attachments

• ver4.jpg
    ver4.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ver5.jpg
    ver5.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ver6.jpg
    ver6.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 0
  • ver7.jpg
    ver7.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ver8.jpg
    ver8.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 0

jmduncan01

Cadet

The files in order are:

Original
Ver0 - plain white
ver1 thru ver9

My son want ver6. I am leaning ver9 where the blue mimics the lower waterline edge of the boat.

Thanks for taking a look. Again, want to hear your suggestions. Will probably use a blue white pin stripe on the paint edges for the chosen design. Other than that...no vinyl stripes.

Best Regards,
John M.
Kentucky

Attachments

• ver9.jpg
    ver9.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ver10.jpg
    ver10.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ver11.jpg
    ver11.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ver12.jpg
    ver12.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ver13.jpg
    ver13.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 0

75TowerOfPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

Version 2, cool attitude

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

I like #10 and or #4 the swoosh adds a sporty contrast to and other wise dull plain stripe I would also like to say the color of blue looks great .

jmduncan01

Cadet

I like #10 and or #4 the swoosh adds a sporty contrast to and other wise dull plain stripe I would also like to say the color of blue looks great .

Thanks! I had initially liked that swoosh. Then I started doubting it and second guessing..and now twelve guessing myself. I have added ver 11 and 12...these are my initial swoosh designs. Ver13 is another angle of someone elses boat I used for a canvas.

Keep the input coming! And thanks!!!

Best Regards,
John M
Kentucky

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I like 10 or 4 also.

jmduncan01

Cadet

How about ver15 and ver17 guys and their counterpart at a different angle ver14? I am swooshing again. The ver10 swoosh I think is inferior to the 15/17. The big radius on ver10 is what is bothering me. On ver15 I am liking that enlongation created by extending the lower point. I also repositioned the turn to provide more blue field in the area from the turn to the stern. Ver17 pulls some of the thickness out of the upper portion of the swoosh.

I am not feeling the above the rub rail blue on any of the versions as when I look at it on the screen, I kind of feel that makes it look less modern, more dated. But once into painting...it may look naked without it. Have to see on that.

Anyone interested in using that blank white one to canvas up some of their own ideas? I'd enjoy seeing others artwork and designs.

Best Regards,
John M
Kentucky

Attachments

• ver15.jpg
    ver15.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ver14.jpg
    ver14.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ver17.jpg
    ver17.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander

Forget the paint. Break out the saw. Make a helluva fishin machine...

remake.jpg

wishboneZ51

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The first thing I need to say is Man I love your boat. :pThat is EXACTLY what I want to get next for my daily cruiser on the lake or on the ocean bay of San Diego.

Being an artist that I am you have my juices flowing on this one. There are a million combo's that you can do with your boat without making it trashy looking or rice burner. :(

I would put a ghost background of fiberglass mat peeling away from the bow of the hull on back through the middle of the swoosh and going through the swoosh as if your fiberglass is ripping off and going into the water which would be your swoosh design. These would not stand out unless you look at it from different angles as it would have three different layers of silver, white, and black shadowing. In the swoosh you would have splashes of the fiberglass goingin and out of the swoosh. Man now that would look SICK.:D

jmduncan01

Cadet

Now that is funny! Sawzall! Trust me, there have been days that the sawzall has felt like a viable option, but for other reasons!:D But isn't boat ownership that way in general?:D And let me be specific about the paint and canvas aspect. As much as I would love it, Nubby (reference OCC..now Paul Jr Designs) has not volunteered nor can I afford to have him paint my boat. And I am 110% confident in my abilities to say not a snowballs chance I can do it.:D So its got to be simple. Although the idea....while way cool, would lead the guys on the dock to believe not that the boat is fast (its a 3.0), but rather they'd see "Bayliner" and say, look at that Bayliner flying apart!!!:D:D:D

Now before my fellow Bayliner owners drop the plank for me to walk, let me say that I have enjoyed 12 years of ownership, and I have really enjoyed this boat. Its the lightest and smallest standup forward/aft camper I know of. The 3.0 sips the gas. She'll be slow to get on plane when fully loaded, but once up 35 is easy to come by. Actually has plenty of power for tubing despite a dismall hole shot.

Back to painting...of all the versions I have posted, I think I like 15, 17, and 6 the best. Ver6 is the same as Ver4 except the above the rub rail stripe is deleted.

Best Regards,
John M
Kentucky

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

I like #6 .. Looks sleeker and lets the natural lines stand out more.

I think the others kinda distract from the origional lines.

YD.

jmduncan01

Cadet

I like #6 .. Looks sleeker and lets the natural lines stand out more.

I think the others kinda distract from the origional lines.

YD.

Thanks YD for the comments. My son likes that one too. He said it makes it look faster to him. He is 16...so of course he is a big fan of speed. My thoughts on ver6 versus some of the swoosh designs are that its well within my comfort zone, could easily be dressed on the paint edge with white/blue pin stripe for a little boost, and it really accentuates the wedge design of the boat. I'll have to see what that looks like with a string drawn across the boat as I have drawn pictured in 2d. My only concern will taking a look at 45? off the nose down the side and seeing if what looks like a straight line from perpendicular view of the side as drawn, looks weird at other angles. Just guessing, I think it will work well. It only makes one trasition over hull line, so it does show off the hull lines better.

Best Regards,
John M
Kentucky