2004 Yamaha 225 4 stroke rough idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael David

Recruit
Looking for help. I have twin 225's with 350 hours. The boat is winterized each year. This season after two fishing trips or about 20 hours of operation, I had the water pumps and thermostats replaced. Since that service I have experienced a "rough idle" on the starboard engine when the rpm's are between 700 and 800. Above this range it cleans right up. WOT is around 5500. No other problems. I had the boat pulled by the dealer and could not find any problems. The service tech came out on the water with their laptop and computer cable connected to the motor. Everything checked out normal even while the rough idle was occurring. They checked the fuel pressure and found no problems. Fuel used since last season has been non ethanol. I have replaced the plugs. One last thing, initially the rough idle occurred once in a while after it warmed up. It seems do it all the time in that rpm range.
Thanks

WBL

Recruit
I have a similar problem with my 2006 225f series Yamaha. I had the shifter cable replaced and this low end shutter between 600-1100rpms started. If you found a solution please respond.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
He hasn't been back for 6 years, so I don't think you'll get an answer, probably best to start your own thread on the issue.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have a similar problem with my 2006 225f series Yamaha. I had the shifter cable replaced and this low end shutter between 600-1100rpms started. If you found a solution please respond.

WBL

This is closed. Please start a new thread. The OP has not been here since starting the thread with a single post.

Status
Not open for further replies.