1985 Force=Unknown Tilt and Trim???

WavyD

Seaman Apprentice
Just got a 1985 Force 50hp for parts and I cannot find what brand the tilt and trim is...
it has this # 455545 (also D4DTA) but that # does not show up on any of the diagrams out on the web...from what i've found.

could it be the same as this one?
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/M.../ALL/TRIM & TILT ASSEMBLY (F5H219)/parts.html

if it is it would be a Merc/Force unit....but not sure.
the guy I got it from thought it was an aftermarket unit as he said it was added to this motor after he bought it....but thats just hearsay.

thanks for any input
wd

Attachments

• DownlakeOutboard Parts and More 007.jpg
    DownlakeOutboard Parts and More 007.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DownlakeOutboard Parts and More 008.jpg
    DownlakeOutboard Parts and More 008.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DownlakeOutboard Parts and More 009.jpg
    DownlakeOutboard Parts and More 009.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 0

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1985 Force=Unknown Tilt and Trim???

It's definatly a Force unit,Looks to fit the smaller motors.
Maybe rritt will answer.He seems to know a bunch about these units.
Is there something wrong and you need parts or want to sell?
I have one for a 90's something that I am willing to swap. J

RRitt

Captain

try looking up the parts diagram for a 88 50hp or there abouts.

RRitt

Captain

its not a 1985. wrong tubes. it's an 88 or newer

WavyD

Seaman Apprentice

thanks all,,,and i don't say this to be unappreciative, but i do have the links to many diagrams out there and have looked but do not see this #.
and i do agree that it looks like a later year than '85 since it does not show up...even the part # i listed does not come up from any web diagrams i find.

i'm thinking that most of the smaller motors did not have PT&T and this is an add-on unit....thats where i'm having trouble finding the unit...i've been up and down different years of 50hp Force motors....hELp...ha

i'm fairly new here and respect and understand that we are not to sell/advertise on the forum,,which to me is hypocritical since i receive emails from this site for whats "on sale" in the iboats store...so i'll abide and keep the "sales" talk in the PM's...but yes,this unit will sell "out there" once i find the info to advertise it correctly.(**and yes iboats,,I DO understand why you do not want the market place traded on this forum!!!that would be fairly obvious,to me)

....and please,nobody take my openness as a negative in any way against iboats....this place is much respected and appreciated by me
and many no doubt!!!

if anyone finds any info on this PT&T please let me know,,,I'm still looking.
thanks,
wd

emoney

Commander

If somebody can verify it would fit my '83 50hp I'd be an "interested" party;)
Or, Jerry, if you've got an extra one laying around that does the same?

Don't know if it makes any difference, but mine is the "Salt Water Series",
507H3D. I think all that meant was it was painted white...lol

WavyD

Seaman Apprentice

so i found a little info....
listed as a Chrysler/Prestolite T&T 455545 (< and this # comes up nowhere!!)
this # >(5H147) shows it on one site as a 1983 accessory to only a few 50hp motors(AND THEY LIST IT AS MERCURY????!!!!)

and thats all i can find.
i think it would fit many smaller motors 70hp and lower and some you would have to do a little conversion such as bracket/shim sizing.?...
the bottom of this unit is 7 inches wide so you would need brackets to be 7-9 inches wide (inside) i would imagine....

so theres the follow up...if anyone finds other info please add for future reference.

tnx,
wd

RRitt

Captain

it is as advertised - for 50HP 198x Chrysler Force engines. If your engine has the same swivel brackets and transom clamps as a 50HP then it will fit your engine. If not, then not. It is no more or less complicated than you want it to be.

WavyD

Seaman Apprentice

sure it can get more complicated,,and it is....i tried to keep it simple...was just looking for the origination of this unit or any info about it....
and to make it more complicated,i could also add why i was looking for the info,,,such as will it fit someones 70hp ?...which is what i was doing but couldn't find the info.....hoped someone here had some insight or has a similar unit.
i have the brackets to go with it but having some info or literature or cross reference on the part somewhere would be really helpful...knowledge is good.
not finding it out here in webland.
ya'll be patient with me,,i'm not a mechanic or novice,,,,obviously.

i've got plenty of duct tape so i guess i can mount it on just about anything huh?:D

oh,,,RRitt,,what is the "X" in 198x ???
and if there are only 4 motors in the 50hp class that have those brackets are you saying thats it? no fitting any other model? customizing a possibilty??
as in,,is this it ?? these 4 and thats all it can be used on??>
http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/merc/M-5H147.html
it came off of a 1985 Force 50hp >507F5A< (T&T not original equip,,add on!)
which brings on my newbie question....if a site like the above lists "also used on these models" does that mean that if it's not listed on their chart it can not be used or is that just a manufacturer protecting their product and interests??
sorry to rant but i'd like to know this...thanks ahead for any input.

WavyD

Seaman Apprentice

tnx RRitt....matched the first link (M-FA613072) by the model # of this motor i have but not sure how you got the other 2...

and maybe i should start a new post about this question,,but anyone have thoughts on this >

"if a site like the above lists "also used on these models" does that mean that if it's not listed on their chart it can not be used or is that just a manufacturer protecting their product and interests??"

just trying to figure out if their lists are 100% absolute or are there conversions and exceptions to these lists...??

RRitt

Captain

tnx RRitt....matched the first link (M-FA613072) by the model # of this motor i have but not sure how you got the other 2...

and maybe i should start a new post about this question,,but anyone have thoughts on this >

"if a site like the above lists "also used on these models" does that mean that if it's not listed on their chart it can not be used or is that just a manufacturer protecting their product and interests??"

just trying to figure out if their lists are 100% absolute or are there conversions and exceptions to these lists...??

mercury plays shell games with their parts. the same part can have four or five different parts numbers. "Also used on" is a search by part #. It does not include other versions of the same part that use a different #.

WavyD

Seaman Apprentice

ahhh,,,kinda thought that...thanks much