fuel bulb loosing pressure

hop775

Recruit
i have 150 mariner. its cranks and runs fine. only thing is when i shut the engine off and after it sits for awhile, when i start it back up and put into forward the engines dies down but when i prime bulb until its hard she runs fine. what would cause that to happen?:confused:

starcraft1982

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: fuel bulb loosing pressure

One,your fuel line or bulb is faulty or leaking air.Two,your fittings,either to tank or more likely to motor could be worn or leaking air.Especially if the fitting to motor is the cheaper plastic one.Third would be the fuel pump.Rebuild it.Cheap and easy to do.If your fuel line assembly(bulb included)is old,i would go ahead and replace first anyway since todays fuel will break them down from the inside causing leaks or pieces to break off your line or bulb and clog the carb jets,causing a lean condition and loss of lubrication to your cylinders.that=BAD.

Mi duckdown

Commander

Remove the fuel line from the engine. pump the bulb to hard. let it sit for an hour or so check to see if it is still hard. that will cancel out your lines from the tank to that point.

I agree it sounds like an air leak. Tighten and inspect all of the lines going to and from the fuel pump.