Good day to all Newbee with a question

chazman_1962

Recruit
I'd like to say hi to all, This is my first post, Kinda new to boating sort of. I had a 1983 Rinker back in the 80's sold it when I had my first kid. Now he is 18 so I bought a boat.
I purchased a 1984 Searay SRV195 (fastest boat on the local lake I.E. I love it)
My question is how do I find out what motor is in it. I need to get some parts. I need a voltage regulator or an alternator, throttle cable
any and all help would be apperciated
Thanks
Charlie

Re: Good day to all Newbee with a question

Welcome Aboard!

What kind of drive is on the boat and how many cylinders?

The 1st purchase you should make for that boat is the service manual. It will cover general maintenance as well as repairs necessary in the future.

Eric

chazman_1962

Recruit

Thanks for the quick responce. It has a MerCruiser with 8 cylinders. Could me model 260r

In the Adults Only sticky at the top of this forum under Miscelaneous Mercruiser info: there is a link to a download covering the mercruiser history and info:
http://www.4shared.com/file/213854305/deac4209/Mercruiser_Alpha_ID_and_Histor.html

This page was out of that download, You can see what engines and outdrives were used in '84. There are a couple of possible combos.

Attachments

• 091710010.jpg
    091710010.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 0

Utahboatnut

Senior Chief Petty Officer

So you bought a non running boat and dont know what engine it has in it:eek: or did you discover it needs parts when you were test driving it. I would guess merc 260 alpha one gen one, but thats just a guess.