Alfa one: no liking, but oil desappears

Serg

Recruit
After runing about 1.5 -2.0 hrs the level of drive oil have decreased. But it looks like no liking at all(Also I didn't see any signs on the driweway)<br />Thanks for any suddestions<br /><br />Fisher_man

Skinsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Alfa one: no liking, but oil desappears

If you just filled it, then it is possible that while running it burped out an air bubble trapped in the drive.. That is normal, just top off again. Do you have a remote resevoir? If the level is down quite a lot, then it may be something more.. <br /><br />Just because there's no puddle in the driveway doesn't mean it's not leaking.. It could be a pressure or motion induced leak, that dries up once you pull it out of the water.. <br /><br />Scott..

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

the only way to really tell if it is down is if you have an oil resevoir. if no external leaks it is possible for the input shaft yoke seal to leak and fill the drive bellows with oil. some times if the drive bellows gets full enough it will leak into the bilge<br />. you really need to find out if you have a leak or not before you destroy the drive. seals cost the same with or without gears and bearings.<br /> Good luck

blr

Recruit

I had a similar problem and found that oil was leaking from the cap for the reservoir, installed an "O" ring in the cap and problem solved. Just my two cents worth.