Minn Kotta 765 MX

12Kennygee

Cadet
I have an older 765mx that still works, the mount is good, foot pedal works, but i have a problem. I want to upgrade to a higher thrust motor and want to maintain my mount. Will any of the Endura motors work with my seytup.
I was thinking maybe the 36 or 40 lb. woulb be the max.
Also I was wondering can I maintan my shaft and just replace the motor?
This is on a 1984 Starcraft 2048 -16 Deluxe with a custom made platform for the mount. I have had the boat and Minn Kota since new and think it is time to upgrade. Thanks Kenny

12Kennygee

Cadet
Re: Minn Kotta 765 MX

Well ,since I have posted this I have found out that all new Minn Kota shafts are 1" .The steel shaft is 1 1/8" .
I guessI will have to find an older steel shaft or find some kind of sleeve to reduce collar on locking ring to 1" Any other suggestions?
What diameter are Motor Guide shafts? have never used one.

12Kennygee

Cadet
Re: Minn Kotta 765 MX

UPDATE:Well I finally found a Minn Kota 36 pound thrust composite shaft transon mount cheap that runs{FREE}.:cool:
There was no problem on in stalling it on older 765 MX mount. The wires already had the needed ends and I just cut and taped the variable speed and reverse wires and it works just fine!!
I think You could go upto the 40 lb. unit with this mount before having problems :Motor Diameter too large for cradle:

So any one with an older MX mount YOU CAN UPGRADE .:)