force 5HP 1996 impeller

Timmy L

Recruit
I'm searching for an impeller for my 1996 Force 5HP. I've been searching for 4hrs. now all around this site as well as many Marine Internet sites.It seems not too many iboaters own 5HP engines.I would appreciate ANY info.Thanks for your time!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: force 5HP 1996 impeller

Hi, welcome to iboats.

There are no aftermarket impellers for that motor (that I know of).
Mercury still has a few, but will only sell them as a complete water pump kit, $130, part number 46 - 819026A 1

I would check the local Mercury dealers to see if they have on on the shelf in the parts room.

Sorry.

Timmy L

Recruit
Re: force 5HP 1996 impeller

Thanks For Quick resp. ROSCOE! I appr.your time & knowlege. I'll prob.be looking forward to help from you in the future as you seem to be a good GO-To guy! Believe it or not my 1996 5hp Force is still on it's ORIG. impeller! We run in salt water here (Long Island,N.Y.) and post prep. is very important.Motor runs better than new(I modify sm. motor Carbs.)And found that adding auto Coolant to the "can" at cleanup extends internal life of the engines cooling systems (incl.Impeller).My next mission is My Johnson 1955 QD-16 - 10HP. I love working on sm. engines.Hope to write you in future.Be good!