Aerial tower for Larson 180

toroyer

Recruit
I have just bought a 2007 Larson 180 Ski/Fish and am looking to buy a wakeboard tower for it. I really like the looks of the Aerial Airbourne but I can't find any reviews. I have found the tower, 2 racks, 2 bullet speakers, and wiring kit for $1500. If you have found it cheaper let me know.

Also, are there any Larson 180 owners out there with towers? If so which brand, how tall is it, how much boat roll do you get, and last but most importantly, how do you like it?

Any suggestions for a solid tower priced less then $1200?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Aerial tower for Larson 180

Heh, it's going to seem like I work for Roswell (I don't!)...

for what it's worth, Roswell is the OEM tower builder for Larson boats. You'll probably get the Aerial gear cheaper though all told, not sure how much the Roswell stuff is in your area.

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have owned 2 boats with towers and I got them both from Big Air. I bought all the Aerail stuff and put them on the Big Air tower and it fit nicely. Great solid towers at an even better price:

http://www.bigairwaketowers.com/

DSCF0028-2.jpg

toroyer

Recruit

SeanT - Thanks for the info. Is Roswell that much better of a tower? I can't seem to find one for less than $1400. I have an email into them looking for the OEM tower for that year. We will see where that goes and how much they want for it. If that doesn't work out then I will be going with the Aerial Airborne, unless I get horrible reviews. I would rather spend the extra money to buy something quality.

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have a Roswell tower (not OEM, it actually says Roswell even though they do OEM for Moomba and Supra as well) and I think it's awesome. Looks great and folds down. I have no complaints. It doesn't creak or anything. Also, the customer service is great. I contacted them because one of the metallic letters came off my tower. They sent me a whole new set for free.

I think the Aerials look fine too, but yeah I'd be careful about buying unless you talked to someone who owns one first. I've heard lots of people mention them here on iBoats, so I'm sure someone will chime in soon.

I have the Aerial Assault tower on my Glastron gt185. I installed it this season have been very pleased with the tower. The quality of everything is very good, and installation was not difficult. The tower does have some side to side sway when going over a boat wave or setting up for a double-up, but it is nothing that I worry about. I would reccomend buying "marine wood" which is basically like plastic cutting board material to make your own backing plates, because aerial's backing plates are very small. Overall I would reccomend Aerial towers to anyone.

fossill

Chief Petty Officer

My Larson 180 came with the Roswell as factory option with the bimini top included.
Looks and works great. Get the Roswell if you want to keep your boat looking stock.

toroyer

Recruit

Fossil - Do you have any pics of your boat/tower? Also, is there any model information on your tower?

Thanks for the posts everyone! All the information has really helped.

brick75

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have the Aerial Airbourne tower, and unfortunately can't recommend it. I bought it because I liked the look and the price. My biggest issue with it is dimpling in the tubing. I had to file down a high spot on the inside of the H section for like 30 minutes before the arm would slide into it. Noticed one or two other dimples in other places too, which to me is just not very good quality control.

I was also quite pissed while installing it when I found that the instructions that came with the tower gave an incorrect diameter for the holes that you drill in the boat for mounting. I had all the holes drilled, only to find that the mounting feet would not fit. So I called the company, and the jerkoff that I was talking to seemed to imply that it was my fault because I didn't go look at the instructions on their website to see that they had changed the size. I mean how stupid do you have to be to not realize that the first thing you need to do is update the instructions that come with the product?!?

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. I guess if I had to do it again, I'd spend the extra money to get a higher quality product.