Engine Change

LeeinFL

Recruit
I would like to know what all is involved in changing out engines from a 1994 Pro-Line 2510,with 260 merc fuel Injected, I/O .<br />I see all these places that offer small block chevy engine that claim to be for marine use and offer up to 350 hp.<br />I would like to increase the boats top end speed.<br />As for now she is cruising at 27mph at 3500rpm, and tops out at 39mph.<br />Anyone that has done this I would greatly appreciate any feed back.<br />Thanks<br />Lee

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: Engine Change

What are you looking to put in another 260 = 350 = 5.7L? If so, why not look to modify what you have rather than go through all that? If it were me I'd only think of an R&R if I were dropping in a 454. My 350s push 300+ <br /><br />Get a hold of "Small Block Chevy Marine Performance" by Dennis Moore. It will outline all your performance mod options. You can get it at Amazon or any book store.<br /><br />I have twin 350s and replaced both. If I had to do it again I think I'd go with complete engines and have a shop drop them in and allign them for me. It would be worth the labor cost espically when you consider you need to spend around $100 just for the engine allignment tool. Just the act of pulling the engine out of the boat w/o a proper overhead hoist is a bear and even a little dangerous.