2 cycle oil

dukekas

Seaman Apprentice
Can you mix evenrude and penzoil marine 2 cycle together? Im pretty sure evenrude dont make their own oil any way.

Al-53

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 2 cycle oil

yes you can.....I have left home and forgot to bring my regular oil and had to buy another brand...and no problems.....they are both TC-W3 certified for water cooled outboards

Al

dukekas

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you, ive spent the last hour researching threads and found the best way to get good oil and not as costly is at the marina. I guess they buy it by the drum and sell it omc, premium synthetic for 15 bucks a gallon. Other guys just use the super tech walmart brand.

Al-53

Chief Petty Officer

the Super Tec works fine....lots here use it and they like it....I like the synthetic oils because they smoke less and no 2 stroke odor is all....

Yes some marina's sell oil in bulk..you bring the Jug and they fill it....but I dont know about 15.00 gallon...if they did that here for that price I would be all over that...around here they just take 5.00 to 6.00 off a gallon if u get the bulk....

any ways any good oil will work.....its just preference is all....some have more additives than others...some are a blend of fossil and synthetic and some are fully synthetic

Al