speaker questions

mhirsch05

Seaman Apprentice
hello all. i have an 81 stingray 18.5 foot i believe an svc 175 model. im kinda starting to upgrade stuff in my boat as of recent. im looking to do the stereo as i was put to shame very quick by all the other boats in the cove i was at the other day. anyways I am thinking about putting speakers below the seats in the mini isle of the open bow. i was wondering if just cutting out the fiberglass and putting these in will be enough or do i need to build some kind of box to make them sound good. also any ideas on where to mount speakers in the rear. it has two fold down style back tp back seats and the sides of the hull or open right after the seats(imagine open rod storage on a fishing boat to get an idea of what that looks like

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: speaker questions

Welcome to iboats.

Speakers have to go where you can get them which is usually no the ideal location, I have 4 speakers on mine and 2 of them are mounted under something but it still sounds good.

The enclosure they are in makes a speaker box, I have 2 mounted in the front of a storage area 1 under the drivers seat and one in the back in a starage area, doesn't really affect how they sound and as I sadi that is where they would fit.

Rockford Fosgate head unit, 2 Rockford and 2 Infinity speakers, I think it is 45 watss per channel.