where do I plug the two pin plugs from the VRO

MudLake

Seaman
motor is a 1991 johnson 40 HP

Bought unit in pieces so I don't know where the VRo plug into.
cheers
doug

jonesg

Admiral
Re: where do I plug the two pin plugs from the VRO

Wires from the VRO should mate up with wires from the VRO tank.

d.boat

Chief Petty Officer

Wires from the VRO should mate up with wires from the VRO tank.

Maybe we're talking about the same thing, but if I'm right in assuming that when you say "VRO" you're referring to the fuel pump, the above is incorrect ...

The 2 prong plug that comes from the tank mates with a corresponding plug from the engine, not the VRO/OMS pump. If it's an original 1991 set up, that 2 prong plug should have a tan wire and a black wire. In the corresponding plug coming from the engine, the black wire goes to ground, the tan wire goes to the alarm. If you don't have a corresponding plug like that, you can connect the tank's tan wire to a tan wire on the engine any way you want (e.g. crimp connectors, bullet connectors, etc.). The black wire is simply grounded.

The "VRO" (VRO/OMS fuel pump) has its own plug (probably 4 wires, but could be 3) that mates up with a corresponding plug coming from the engine as well.

Therefore, there's no wires that connect the VRO/OMS pump to the oil tank. Both have wires that connect to corresponding wires coming from the engine.

MudLake take a look at this article, it might help you get oriented to the system: http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/VRO.html

IF this doesn't make sense, post some pictures of exactly what you're talking about and it should be easy to advise.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

There's a blocking diode in the engine harness between the temperature switch and the rest of the tan wires. When you connect to the tan wires make sure you are on the control side of that diode.