Stumped... Merc 6.2 MPI starving for fuel

bverd

Recruit
All,

I am stumped and tired of throwing money at this thing. I have an '02 6.2MX MPI/Bravo motor. Has been a champ. ~180hrs well maintained.

Currently I have a fuel pressure issue. I have 27-32psi both at the end of the starboard rail and at the entrance from the fuel line from the fuel pump into the rail at the back of the port rail.

Before you say fuel pump or something else please listen to what has been done so far.

Entire fuel pump and fuel cooler replaced including the pressure regulator. All fuel lines from the water separator, pressure regulator and to the rail have been replaced. Full leak down done on the motor all cylinders check out great.

I have also run fuel from an external tank to eliminate the possibility of a blockage somewhere from the tank to the water separator. PSI continues to be too low.

At this point I am at a loss, it must be some sensor or ecm just not giving it enough PSI on the rail.

The boat fires without an issue, just not enough fuel pressure to run it above 2500-3000rpm.

Thoughts?? Please help. Might be time for a new 383 scorpion.

--bverd