engine service manual question

What is the best service manual to obtain for a mariner 75 outboard?? also, where is the best place "price wise" to get it?? Thanks!!

SeaKaye12

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: engine service manual question

Well; I would not advise getting anything except the genuine Mercury manual. Forget the Clymer or Seloc manuals. Other than for very general information, they are largely useless...and have been demonstrated to have erroneous information.

You will need to know the year of your engine. You can buy hard-copy versions or manuals on CD.

There are a lot of links here on i-boats for free downloads as well.. You can start with the FAQ at the top of this forum.

Chuck

Wingedwheel

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If you have trouble with the downloads, you can get a manual on CD for a great price on Ebay

Thank you so much!!! Is their a way to verify year model by serial number? I think its a 1983 but the woman I bought it from said it was a newer model engine. Her husband had passed away a few years ago and she didn't seem to know a whole lot about the boat. serial# 6469082

Now if I can just find a factory service manual I will be in business. Looked through 700+ on ebay and none were the one I needed. Seems they only made 4 cyl 75 hp 2 strokes for about 4 years. 1984-1988. Where else can I find one??