which boat

crfracer

Recruit
ok well i live on the ocean so i have decided to get a boat. I didnt do much research but decided a seadoo speedster looked fun. after alot of research i found out that i would need a lift etc. cause i cant store it in the saltwater. I thought i was done boat wise but a friend suggested that there are other nice boat for skiing/wakeboarding for my price range (under 18k). I found glastron's website and wow they look great and are just as cheap as the seadoo. Basically i want it for wakeboarding/to bring out the family/tubing/etc. so now my question is what is the best boat for my needs? and which boats can be stored in the saltwater?
thank you,
jacob

crfracer

Recruit
Re: which boat

okay i pretty much relized that the 3 that meet my price range were bayliner,glastron,and maybe four winns. Im leaning towards the glastron mx185. My question is can that boat be stored in saltwater? and will it be suitable to pull a skiier or tube? If needed i could upgrade to a merc 190 is that enough?

crfracer

Recruit

nevermind i found out for storing in saltwater an outboard is the way to go so i decided on a glastron ssv 170 with a merc 115 so is that sufficient to pull a skier etc.

Dave.Mishchenko

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You'll be fine to pull up a skier, for tubing and for wakeboarding. But you'll never get a great wake from the boat so as long as you'll be happy with the basics then you'll be OK. If you plan to get serious about wakeboarding then you'd be better off getting a boat that you'll be able to load up with ballast and that has more horsepower.