1991 force 35

tj7acres

Recruit
Just bought boat and took it out and motor hasnt been run for 6 months and I was told it ran fine,,, Well it started just fine and idled and I took right off ran great for about 2-3 minutes and died started again and ran another 2-3 minutes and quit I then noticed gas in river, I took top off and noticed gas dripping from carb.its electric start and turnned it over and gas came running out of carb and also a few spots on upper carb. I have worked on small engines before but never a outboard thinking of pulling carb tommorrow but wanted oppinions on what to look for and what could be the problem. it ran great for short time needless to say wife and I had to paddle back any help is greatly appriciated Thanks Tim oh just in case the model # is 353F91B serial#020494 where could I get carb kit for this If I need one thanks

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1991 force 35

Yeah, sounds like you have some carb issues. Float, needle valve and seat, dirt/gum, maybe old leaking gaskets as well.

Carb kit here:

http://www.dougrussell.com/partscat...,6,8,4,1,9,13,5,12,14,10,7,15,3,18,17,19,2,11

Probably should rebuild the fuel pump, replace the impeller, change the gearcase lube while you are at it.

You owe the wife a nice dinner if she helped you paddle.

Get yourself a Clymer Force repair manual while you are at it.

And welcome to iboats.