Stoopid lawrance

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant
I bought a used Lowrance LCX16CI & about half the time when I power up it comes on BACKWARDS (like in reverse/mirrow image) :(
It straightins out after a minute or pushing buttons but this cant be right :confused:
Guess i got screwed? :(

wire2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Stoopid lawrance

It's probably repairable. Google "Lowrance repair east Texas" and you'll find over 100,000 hits including forums with "search".

Al-53

Chief Petty Officer

that model is discountinued...lowrance sometimes will not repair them..they offer a upgrade...to a newer model...your unit and cash for a newer model....

make sure the the connections are clean...the power plug..the transducer and the GPS puck if u have one....wipe connectors with alcohol plug them in and make sure the connection is tight....A loose contact does strange things,,,,I know...lol.....

Al

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

that model is discountinued...lowrance sometimes will not repair them..they offer a upgrade...to a newer model...your unit and cash for a newer model....

make sure the the connections are clean...the power plug..the transducer and the GPS puck if u have one....wipe connectors with alcohol plug them in and make sure the connection is tight
....A loose contact does strange things,,,,I know...lol.....

Al

I think that did the trick :D
Why did'nt i think of that? :redface:
THANKS!!!

Al-53

Chief Petty Officer

hope it worked out for you.....I had the same problem....and the cleaning did it....good luck and tight lines

Semper Fi

Al

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

hope it worked out for you.....I had the same problem....and the cleaning did it....good luck and tight lines

Semper Fi

Al

I guess when dealing with all this modern equipment we feel we must have these days we forget to check on obvious simple solutions to problems :redface:

SEMPER FI my freind
:)