hey bondo....got the drive back together

FreeBeeTony

Captain
bondo, just thought i would let you know I put my drive back together. new gears, bearings, bearing carrier and seals in lower unit and new seals in upper. filled with lube tonight, will check for leaks in the morning and will hopefully test run in the bay tomorrow. wish me luck, I will let you know if it survives! I think it will....

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Re: hey bondo....got the drive back together

Well, took it for a test run! It lives..... Seemed stong and smooth. When I got back home in the driveway I checked the oil in the outdrive by taking the top cover off, the oil looked fine but I noticed some new wear marks on the gears. Being that this is a 1.65;1 ratio, the gears have the same number of teeth, thats why they have timing marks, they develop a specific wera pattern (I learned alot working on this boat!). Unfortunately, my gears weren't timed when I removed them and I didn't make a reference of where they were. Now they are running at diffent spots, thus the new wear marks. I hope it's ok!

Bondo

Staff member

All Right Tony......<br />I Sure Hope you got it All Right.... Shims,+ All.... Time Will Tell... Hopefully You'll see a 1000hrs before you have to go thru that again....<br />Best of Luck with it...

FreeBeeTony

Captain

Thanks bondo.........I will keep you posted!