Looking for a new Project.

Bifflefan

Commander
I'm back on the hunt for a winter project. I've been looking on the net for a couple days, have not come across the one for me, yet.
This one will be 3 in 3 years. Total of 5 completed for me. I guess i'm a glutton for punishment.

I have not decided on what type of boat for this one, maybe a tin fishing boat or I may rehab a pontoon this time. I guess it all depends on what I find.

If anyone knows of one of these near or in Michigan PM me.
Or if you have one that you have decided to not finish let me know in a PM also.
Looking to pay 1000.00 or less with a trailer and motor.

ranger31

Cadet
Re: Looking for a new Project.

Hey I may a great winter project for you.I have a 1967 skifcraft all wooden boat.It has the 120hp inline mercruiser 4 cylinder..It is a rare find and the best thing about it is that I purchased it from the original owner(83 years old)who really took abnormally good care of it.Interior 110% original and well it is sad but looks better condition than most out there.778 original hours on the meter and runs like no way it is original but it is.I am being told they are very trustworthy motors.everything,I mean everything works fine on the boat.Boat is 19ft.has complete camper/sun/whatever they are called cover for it,with like zippered windows for the sides and a rear cover that attaches.Great shape.It has a complete cover for the boat itself which is very old but super thick,vented and like the boat(really it looks new)seats inside,dash and windshield and chrome are in very nice shape.Project,well maybe not a huge one but,needs complete new bottom paint.A couple of things re-chromed to be perfect,a new trailer the one under it now is original and just not sufficient.I also think that although in great shape I wanted to change some colors????outdrive workd just fine but needs totally sanded and repainted and decals to look maybe perfect..Boat was used at a lakehouse in lower peninsula..I am going to take her out tomorrow to (Run fuel out)for the year and stabilize new fuel..I have 1700.00 in her,and well was going to meet with a marine consultant who said should be worth 4500-6500 in perfect shape..I wanted that in writing for spring sale,also wanted him to look over everything..I will include a couple of pics for you but we have a ton..Also you can call anytime 937-262-7188 thanks again Matt...