140 Evinrude stalling

clint

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I recently replaced a fuel connector that connects from fuel tank to engine fuel connector for the engines fuel supply. Now if I am traveling at a low speed thru a canal or docking I can smell fuel and I then can see fuel residue in water? Tonight I was docking and engine kept stalling? I would appreciate greatly for some expert advise might it be? Thank You.
Regards,
Clint

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: 140 Evinrude stalling

What year 140 is this? Fuel line connectors have a large rubber oring seal just inside the connector. Possible it is gouged/damaged and is leaking. If it is leaking fuel, that also means it is leaking air-which may explain your running problems. 334913 is the oring in the connector and is replaceable. You may want to eliminate that plug in connector and run the fuel hose direct to the fuel pump or the filter inside the cowling-depending on what year you have....

clint

Petty Officer 2nd Class
140 Evinrude stalling

I dug deeper into the gas leak from engine. I removed the engine cover and pumped the bulb inspecting carbs & fuel hoses and found the fuel hose to the top carb dripping leaking. It had a split in the bend of the hose. Thanks all for your reply!
Regards,
Rbtiques