7.5 Game Fisher

RStangarone

Cadet
I have a 1980 7.5 Game fisher. I pulled the flywheel off to clean the points. There was a green wire that went to the cutoff connection at one end and the other end was just dangleing. Anyone tell me where to stickit. Ok be nice now.

grehmer

Cadet
Re: 7.5 Game Fisher

I will open mine to see where that wire is connected. Not to highjack your thread but I would like to ask a follow-up question;

I also have a 7.5 Gamefisher that runs great however the prop does not turn when put into gear. Is there some sort of pin/key that may have sheared off preventing the shaft from turning?

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 7.5 Game Fisher

I have a 1980 7.5 Game fisher. I pulled the flywheel off to clean the points. There was a green wire that went to the cutoff connection at one end and the other end was just dangleing. Anyone tell me where to stickit. Ok be nice now.

Since the kill function grounds the coil output to prevent ignition then it most likely goes to the points.

<I also have a 7.5 Gamefisher that runs great however the prop does not turn when put into gear. Is there some sort of pin/key that may have sheared off preventing the shaft from turning?>

If the propshaft turns when in gear but the prop remains stationary then the shear pin is sheared. If the propshaft doesn't turn then you have a more serious problem somewhere in the drivetrain.