Oil pressure indicator - can absence indicate ignition problems?

makassiouk

Cadet
I have a 9.9 4-stroke Honda. It'd normally start fine, but all of a sudden I had to spend 20 minutes getting it to start. What happened normally is i'd start pulling the starter cable and even if it wouldn't go from the first-second pull, while i pull the starter, the green light still flashes/glows. What happens now is that at first - i'd pull several times, no light would appear at all at first. Then it will start flashing a little bit, and that's the first time when it would actually help pulling the choke out and actually trying to start. If I start with the choke from the beginning, it looks as if I flood it.
Anyway. The oil is in perfect order, so it's nothing to do with anything, I guess.
My theory is that some contact plates or something got corroded and the first "lightless" pulls only work as a way to scratch off the corrosion and then it actually starts igniting. Can it be true? Is the oil pressure lamp somehow in the same cirquit as ignition wiring? What is it that can lose contact - cam sensors (or whatever it is called?)