Nicest weekend of the summer & nothing....

MAXXIE

Chief Petty Officer
Well, We just had the nicest weekend of the entire summer & I didn't even get the damn boat wet. Everything just hit at the same time. My grass is about 8" high due to the fact that my ridermower has been sitting in the shop waiting on parts, so perfect excuse to take the boat out right there. Well not to be... I've also been pushing to the maxx the tires on my truck, totally bald BFG KM2's, I'm waiting so I head into the winter with new tires- $265 each. Had a blow out Saturday morning & was forced to get new ones, All day thing because they had to be ordered from a wearhouse an hour & 1/2 away. Saturday shot:mad:. No big deal, I still have Sunday, right? Nope, Lawnmower is dropped off at my house at 8:00pm at night. I thought "what the hell is that truck in front of my house", the guy said "Man your such a good customer I really busted my hump today, stayed late & got it finished so you don't have to go another day with out of control grass", I said "Thanks, really", As soon as the wife saw that, Sunday Shot:mad:. Then I figure, let's call off sick on Monday, it's still perfect weather. I zip into the office early this morning pull up the personal account...... No more sick day's left:mad:So here I sit at my desk at work & look out the window at a perfect day. Sorry, just had to vent & complain. Wait a min., I'll hook up the boat during lunch, grap some cloths & head out as soon as I'm out of here! Wonder what might happen between now & then;)

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Nicest weekend of the summer & nothing....

I can almost feel your sickness coming on, you better take the rest of day off, so you don't possibly infect the whole workplace :D enjoy ;) I mean take care :)

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer

Wait a min., I'll hook up the boat during lunch, grap some cloths & head out as soon as I'm out of here! Wonder what might happen between now & then;)

Yep, you just screwed tha pooch on that idea.... :D

98Shabah

Chief Petty Officer

Don't feel too bad.. I had finally talked my way into a "guys" day of boating saturday, a buddy and I loaded up at 8am and made the hour trip to the river, put the boat in, and within 30 minutes grounded it on a sand bar.. With the fear of possible damage from the grounding, and the revelation that my depth finder sucks the boat was back on the trailer in another 30 minutes so we could make the hour long journey back home... Spent the rest of the weekend entertaining the kids and doing house work.

MAXXIE

Chief Petty Officer

Well it was just a rant, but glad too see I'm not alone. Planned on blowing this afternoon, only had 2 sales calls for the entire day & both before noon. I zipped home, uncovered the boat, got everything needed for a day on the water & just as I was leaving the last stop at 11:25 (even earlier than planned) when the phone started ringing. All the weekend back log started to make it's way thru scheduling & bam, I was working till 7:30 tonight. Just go's ta show ya. The upside is the weather is going to hold for through this coming weekend as well:D, should work out in the end. Try to keep it wet boy's.....

coolguy147

Commander

something tells me that your eyeballs have to turned to face your brain:p

me me me me me me me me:D

Jeep Man

Commander

Me too. Friday's job was suppose to finish up at noon. 4pm and no end in site. Guests showed up unexpectantly shortly after I got home. On call tech didn't answer his calls and I ended up taking them. If I believed in astrological mumbo jumbo, I'd say the stars were not in line. Ended up cutting the grass, scrubbing the pool, and putting a new vent in the bathroom. YIPPY FREAKIN' KI-YAY
The cottage stayed empty and the boat stayed covered.

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well just remember how nice today was and how bad you needed to be on the water this coming winter and go into work on the days you would normally call in sick when ya just don't feel like going and not really sick. So you have enough sick hours to bail on them next summer

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

lost the post i was reading and ended up here??????????

I feel your pain. My boat ran poorly the last three trips and getting worse so I finally fixed it and cranked it in the yard and after a late start got to the river about 2 friday. Put it in and got everything set and zapp the starter died. Had to get right back out after fighting the wind and headed back across town. Traffic was very heavy and I could not move to the exit lane and was forced to drive up the wrong expressway in heavy traffic just to turn around. The starter should be fixed and back on the boat so I will try again Thursday Told wife when I got home Friday I had good news and bad news, Bad was my boat broke but the good was I finally got some of the exercise.the doctor has been after me to do....Screw cutting that grass. Just say you are going green and letting it go to seed so it will be extra nice NEXT year and hit the water my man.