Everybodys winter Project-Lets see some pictures Before and After

JGra

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello everyone, I am curious as to how everyone's winter project came out and if they have spent the summer enjoying all the hard work they put into it. Mine has been GREAT!!!! and have been enjoying all the fishing trips. Myself, I started this whole rebuild with a very low budget in mind. Biggest labor part of mine was the floor replacement, fiberglass work, and a complete paint job of the deck. The boat was in really bad shape when I got her and was 1 day from being taken to the dump. The boat ended up being FREE from a friend who only wanted the motor and the trailer. The trailer was a trade for a old frozen up mercury 50 HP, depth finders from my old boat, trolling motor free from a friend. I picked up a mercury 80 HP that runs great for $600.00 bucks. I picked up alot of the odds and ends at garage sale, flea market, and craigs list. Overall I have about $1800.00 bucks plus alot of elbow grease in the whole rig. Below are some before pictures when I got it and some after pictures of her fully rigged and ready for a day of fishing. Lets see some before and after pictures of everyone's pride and joy.

DSC03799.jpg

DSC03798.jpg

DSC03800.jpg

park016.jpg

park008.jpg

park006.jpg

arks

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Everybodys winter Project-Lets see some pictures Before and After

WOW that's amazing- GOOD JOB! That looks like a new boat!

Not this year, but winter of 08-09- I completely stripped the old bottom paint, fixed all imperfections, added a 10 mil epoxy barrier coat and 3 layers of new ablative bottom paint- all by myself!
I'll NEVER do THAT again. WAY too much effort!

Before (well, after day 1):
Round2005.jpg

Gettin' there. Boat was 25 years old and had multiple layers/colors:
Round2001.jpg

Post-stripping:
SandingBottom021.jpg

Done!
BottomDone009.jpg

May28004.jpg

JGra

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thats amazing. Thats sure does not look like a driveway project. Would love to have a boat like that oneday. Congrats!!!!

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

I wanna play :D

day I brought her home
14062011.jpg

38003578.jpg

Originally named, but the words should of been reversed lol
68762358.jpg

Currently...
minidscf2251.jpg

minidscf2134.jpg

and you can feel like you were there throughout the resto, by reading my thread, linked below..LOL

wcsd106

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Both of you have posted some very beautiful boats. My winter project, upcoming, will be to pull the 14 foot MonArk Jon Boat into the garage, remove the decking I installed a couple of years ago that just didn't turn out right, remove that pesky rear bench seat, and extend the front deck by about 15 inches to allow for a seat on the bow while fishing.

cokeman22

Petty Officer 2nd Class

nice job both of u i just redid a 23ft sea ray laguna and imbarrased to post a pic u two make me look like a hack. so when did u say you 'll come over and help me.

superbenk

Commander

Free boat I got a couple years ago that I've nursed back to health :) I've never seen so many walnut shells in one place in all my life!

main.php

main.php

IMG_4986.JPG

IMG_4993.JPG

IMG_4997.JPG

JGra

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just love to see all these boats that were ready for the junkyard being brought back to life. These boards were so helpfull to me during my project. All those late nights and weekends in the drive way paid off on that very first launch. I learned alot and made alot of mistakes along the way but it was worth every minute I spent bringing her back to life

Kiwifisher

Seaman

Good job there everyone. Does'nt it just burn your butt to see how other people neglect their possesions and let them turn into what we see in these before pics? :mad: Just a bit of care and maintenance and boats can and will last 50 + years. The other side of the coin though, if everybody looked after their boats, we wouldn't have projects. :D

JGra

Petty Officer 1st Class

It sure does burn my butt. The Guy around the corner from me has a really nice stratos bass boat that has not moved and has been sitting for about the last 3 years. The cover is all torn to shreads and just flapping in the wind. With all the rain storms we have had here I can only wonder all the damage that the boat has now. I just dont understand people these days. Anytime mine is not in use it covered. If I dont use it for at leat a couple weeks i crank and run the engine for at least 20 minutes. I worked too hard and too long to let it go.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Well I suppose if we're playin' before/after....
Before:
DSCF2140.jpg

DSCF2148.jpg

DSCF2144.jpg

After:
DSCF2727-1.jpg

DSCF2728-2.jpg

DSCF2729-2.jpg

North Beach

Commander

OK, this ended up being a two winter project considering I made the fatal mistake of not dealing with a 44 year old power plant during the original resto. Live and learn!

Before

TinCan.jpg

TinCan4.jpg

After

SR1.jpg

SR2.jpg

SR3.jpg

SR4.jpg

erikgreen

Captain

I'd post pics of my winter project, but last winter's project looks like it will spill over into this winter...

JGra

Petty Officer 1st Class

I love to see these old boats brought back to life. I had such a good feeling on that first launch. Have to admit though I was a bit nervious. I am wanting to start on a new project but dont know if the wife could stand another.

sasto

Captain

Beautiful work guys. If my restore comes out half of what you did I would be ecstatic. The summer in Flori-DUH we work on our projects and boat. In the winter we just boat. :D

Friscoboater

Captain

This was my winter project. We had a blast this summer, and the only issue we had was a spun prop hub. To much power and and old prop.

CIMG0394.jpg

CIMG0386.jpg

SAM_1094.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

SAM_1085.jpg

CIMG0002.jpg