water leaking inboat

LennyR013

Cadet
I have a Mercruiser i/o that is leaking water in the boat.When I hook a garde hose to it water leaks in when the engine is running.Can anyone help me. Thanks

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: water leaking inboat

Carefully check around the exhaust manifold and all of it's boots, hoses and connections.Also check up around the waterpump. Some times the water pump only leaks when turning.

LennyR013

Cadet

I Replaced all the bellows exhaust driveshaft shift cable it looks like it is coming in around the bottom of the transom any help Thanks The problem is when the engine is running it leaks in to.Yes the boat is on land with earmuffs on but that does not matter it leaks both ways in or out of water. When it is in the water the engine can be off and water leaks in Mercruiser With a 305It is a1984 wellcraft Can anyone help.

notaxnd

Cadet

I have the same problem with my volvo penta, It is leaking around the transom. The seal or gasket is nothing but a light rope type material to replace it I would have to pull the engine. I get about a gallon of water per hour in the boat. What you can try is get in to the engine compartment and tighten down on the transom bolts if you can get to thim I did that and it did help some.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I assume that the boat is not in the water, that you just have earmuffs on and are running it on land?

elpaso

Petty Officer 1st Class

What engine - outdrive- and year.