montgomery wards outboard info 7.5hp

bph9742

Recruit
hello, i am looking for some info on a montgomery wards outboard
model K7503110e serial #1062755 type xtv52295. it has a clinton motor and i need to know were i can get a coil #0013 and a impulse gasket tillotson fp10. also is this motor air cooled or water cooled and i dont see how the lower unit is oiled or greased. maybe the coil and impulse gasket fit another application or is cross referenced

thanks

brian

bph9742

Recruit
Re: montgomery wards outboard info 7.5hp

ok i think a tecumseh 30560a works for the coil and i found out how to grease the lower halve,

i still cant find a replacment impulse gasket set for the tilloston fp10 unit. and does anyone know the fuel to gas ratio of this motor

thanks

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Petty Officer 1st Class

<is this motor air cooled or water cooled>

Both! The cylinder (i.e.: 'top end) is air-cooled but the critical lower crankshaft main bearing and seal are water-cooled. Be sure the waterpump is working as it should. Wisdom suggests putting a new impeller in it so that you KNOW it will last for a while.

<does anyone know the fuel to gas ratio of this motor>

48/1 is recommended but I always err on the conservative side. Never seen an engine ruined by too much oil but the the reverse is certainly NOT true.
I think 32/1 would be the wise course.

bph9742

Recruit

is the impeller located under the motor? does anyone have a diagram of this motor

thanks