transome wood

bigd_135hp

Recruit
i have a starcraft holiday V alum. with a soft transome i got it out and it appears to be one piece but it is 1 1/2" thick and having a hard tim locating anything that thick closest i have caim is inch and a eighth i live in utah any ideas were i could find some or another alternative would be greatly apperciated:D

coolness

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: transome wood

That is exactly what I am doing today for my 12' Sea King!! The wood was 1 1/2" thick.....Two pieces of marine grade plywood glued together, cut to shape and 3 coats of polyester resin. :)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yup..... you have to roll your own :D

BUT

Do not use and pressure treated wood ;)

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Yup..... you have to roll your own :D

BUT

Do not use and pressure treated wood ;)

I think what Bob means is you have to use 2 3/4" ply bound together..

And I think he means Do Not use pressure treated..( I was kinda confused about the " Do not use and pressure treated wood " .. was thinkin not to use..and pressure treated..and..well lets say that thought would be reserved to AA or UA forums ;) ).

YD.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yup..... pressure treated wood does not play well with aluminum and the new acq (copper treated) actually leaches out and eats the aluminum.

bigd_135hp

Recruit

Thanks every one got her glued treated and installed this after noon tomorrow my 135 goes on can't wait to see how it does:D

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Hello Bigd ..

What do you mean by " treated " .. just wondering..

YD.