last big cast with family on labor day? whats your boating plans?

idaharoam

Cadet
My family and my buddies are headed to a real nice mountain reserivor in the mountains of idaho. Pretty much the last big cast with family aborad before hunting season. We're going 7 miles from the dock for the weekend just to get away in some beautiful wilderness. Rip some lip, enjoy not haveing any traffic noice or dust, dutchoven some meals and hopefully the daily catch a day or 2. Chill with a beverage in the evenings enjoying beautiful sunsets with my family. The weather changes quickly here in idaho from here on out. We load our tents and gear in the boat and fly. I have a 32 gallon tank in my bayliner... which is aplus. We are going to anderson ranch res. One guy on the dock from cali called it the tahoe of idaho earlier this year when I was unloading. (Of course I took the place foregranted untill he said that.)...

Anyway what's your plans for labor day???

Ryan.

jaxnjil

Lieutenant
Re: last big cast with family on labor day? whats your boating plans?

well jill says were going to make a run up to wahweap from here at bull frog on lake powell.

i pointed out to her today thats going to run around $800 just for fuel so...................

i'm thinking we'll find a cove or beach and shade up. may just stay at marina at night and make some day trips

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I fish so labor day is really just the start of the fall fishing and I will run normally till Thanksgiving weekend then after that, even with a top, it is just too cold.

It is kinda nice being the only boat on the water after enduring a summer of wake boarders and water fleas.

MPII

Petty Officer 1st Class

Last trip of the season for Lake Cumberland, KY. Going down Wed night and bringing boat back Monday. The wife can't go so I am planning a "guys" boating, fishing, camping trip.

wildspeed

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Stay out of the water madness and enjoy a nice cookout.

115johnson78

Petty Officer 3rd Class

We live on Grand Lake in Grove Ok. Have a 30ft travel trailer, so we will head out to the campground, and drag the boat along, it is the summers end around here at this time.

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

I can't make my mind up... either trailer down at Kentucky Lake or stay home and boat on the Ohio river. Either way, I'll be burning some gas next weekend!

pmillar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Labor Day weekend I look forward to kicking off the college football season even though I will also be helping a friend to move in (back from NY) The following weekend I will be up north though... with the boat, weather permitting.

We may actually head out for a little water fun on a local lake over Labor Day if it's nice enough. I'm not fond of heavy boat traffic though.