4.3L OMC has water in cylinders

boatluvr

Recruit
I have a 1990 4.3L OMC Cobra.....it's been runnin rough and stalling out when put in gear, and also not having any power once in gear. I checked the timing, was a little off, adjusted, and then pulled the plugs and found a little water in 2 of the cylinders. What should I do next?

D

DJ

Re: 4.3L OMC has water in cylinders

If the water in the cyl's. is on the same side, I would guess a bad exhaust manifold and/or riser.

Boatist

Rear Admiral
Re: 4.3L OMC has water in cylinders

I agree with DJONNS<br />Exhaust manifold is leaking water back into valve area. I would expect to have to replace both exhaust manifolds and pull the head on the side with the water in it you will probably have a bad valve. I would drain the water from the manifold on the side that had water in it. If water fill the cylinder and you try to start it can be ulgy. Water does not compress like air. Usually affects back cylinder. You should remove all the plugs drain manifold and do a compression check it possible you caught it before it damaged the valve and cylinder. If you pull riser make sure you also check water passages. When manifold go bad usually lot of rust and scale plug water passages and can cause motor to run hot at high speed. Good luck.