Info on Winterization Procedures

DBenja4148

Cadet
I have a 2003 Chaparral 260 Cruiser 5.7GXi 320hp EFI Volvo Penta engine. Certainly realize that we are two months away from starting/performing winterization, however our boatel requires all work to be done by 11/30 or your in trouble. I would like to perform the work myself. At this time the boat has 40 hours and the oil was changed at the 25 hour check. Everything I read on the internet,etc. indicates what has to be done but nobody explains how not only for the engine but water tank A/C, etc. Can anybody recommend any manuals, books, CD's? My Volvo owners manual states what but not how.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Re: Info on Winterization Procedures

new boat, kept at a boatel? I think I would be inclined to pay a pro for the first year or two, and learn what it takes in the meantime. Essentially, winterizing means changing the oil and filter, changing lower unit oil (if appropriate), filling the gas tanks and adding stabilizer, flushing the engine and running environmentally safe antifreeze into the engine as well as the fresh water holding tank for the sink and head -- replacing any water in any of the systems with the antifreeze. Your engine and boat manuals should provide basic instructions, and you can do a search or two here for more.