Where to buy orange paint??

Bass_boy7

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys, we have decided to do a throw back and create a dukes of hazard boat The general lee, but I am having a hard time locating a coast guard orange paint for the boat. I figured its probably the closest colour to the dukes car does anyone kno where I can buy the orange paint from, I hear its also called international orange? If anyone could help me out it would be most appretiated.

Bass_boy7

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Where to buy orange paint??

thanks alot, I am going to definately look into this.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... Rustoleum makes Orange paint too...

zip34788

Seaman

If you want to step up to the plate, Awlgrip makes a two part epoxy that sure looks like "Dukes Orange" to me. It is absolutely awesome paint, but be prepared to pay $150 a gallon.

I have used it on several boats. If properly applied with a foam roller it will look as if it has been sprayed.

Bass_boy7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I definately would like my paint job to shine and look like it was sprayed bc we don't want the boat to look like it is half *** doen when people walk by it etc as it spends alot of time in the water and is seen by alot of people so we want good reviews.

dezmond

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I used Interlux Top coat on my boat that I am redoing and I like what I see.

If you put you best into it and your happy, who cares what anyone else thinks...

Thats my attitude towards it... I got a couple rough spots on mine. But I paid a fraction of the cost as well to do it and I like it. I did it.... It's My boat...

Dezi

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

I second for Awl Grip .. or Imron..

However like allready said it is not Cheap !

Awlgrips Awlcraft 2000 can only be sprayed m8.. the Original Awlgrip (LP) has brushing reducer for it but cannot be repaired very well.

So basically if your not considering spray application then ... might want to look into something else. ( Ive never used Rusto myself so Ill bite my tongue.. )

YD.

PS. Make sure your prep is spot on whatever way you go .. and research whatever product you Think you might end up using before breaking out the rollers or sprayers.

Bass_boy7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yea I will have to try grainger as well ask to see, but I hear that automotive paints will not lastout in the uv rays constantly on ther boat being reflected up from the water and I fear that tremclad method would happen to the same way so im def going marine coating to be safe.