3.0 omc problems

marctracy

Recruit
Hi everyone, ive just brought my 1st boat, its a 19ft shetland 536, and it has a 3.0 omc cobra engine, when i collected it matey fired it up for a few seconds and it started fine.A few days later I was going to take it out so i tried starting it and it wouldnt start, it was just turning over until the battery died. So i rang matey and he said i had not primed the enough? So i charged the battery and done as he told me, but it still wouldn't start, and i noticed petrol (gas) coming out of the bottom of the engine, so i rang him back, then he said i flooded it so keep turning it over and petrol will start to come out of the exhaust and it will start, so i charged the battery AGAIN, and i went to start it again and petrol is still leaking out of the bottom of the engine and my 20 litre ( 5 gallon ) tank was empty ( and it was full the day before!! And now its not even turning over, it winds a little bit and makes a loud clunking/banging noise? any ideas what could be the problem? have i been screwed? Please help